- Work on all elements of R&D projects from concept generation through to design verification.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of intellectual property generated through the R&D activities.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Carry out Design Freeze & Design Verification testing in accordance with documented plans and protocols.
- Support the Project Manager in liaison with Creganna’s network of Key Opinion Leaders to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Liaise with the customer to optimise product design.
- Level 8 Engineering degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrate product design and development experience, including experience of design review and quality procedures.
- Medical device design development and experience of parallel design for manufacture.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC, and ideally experience using Minitab.
- Experience in the development of test methods and associated product testing.
- Understanding of polymer materials and selection in medical device design would be an advantage.
- 12 months