The Process Development Technician will be responsible for the development of new products, process technologies and providing Engineering support to development projects and manufacturing lines.
- Complete prototype building and product testing in association with R&D Engineers.
- Complete process development to support new product development and implement manufacturing lines with the project teams.
- Conceptualize, source debug, and introduce new/improved Jig and Fixture designs.
- Preparation of Manufacturing Procedures & training of product builder personnel.
- Prepare and maintain Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Troubleshoot and repair line defective equipment.
- Ownership of line yield and output. Provide weekly updates and highlight yield issues and implement fixes to the team.
- Provide technical leadership and have the ability to motivate and influence production personnel.
- Display customer focus at all times and be accountable for quality and timeliness of own work.
- Compile IQ / OQ protocols and execution of same.
- Assist team in performing design testing.
- Level 6 degree in a relevant discipline.
- 1+ years’ experience preferable.
- Knowledge of Medical Device development/manufacture with previous work experience in Design an advantage.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and fabrication experience preferable.
- Experienced with all the popular software applications for generating office documents, spreadsheets, project plans, etc.
- Experience in execution of lab testing an advantage: e.g. tensile testing, torque testing etc.
- Experienced in IQ/OQ/PPQ documentation preparation, execution.
- AutoCAD/Solid works experience preferable.
- Knowledge of Six-Sigma and Lean Engineering principles an advantage.
- Knowledge of equipment, process and product validation processes, ability with statistical data analysis.
- Dynamic, flexible approach to work with a results-oriented attitude.
- Comfortable operating within a team environment.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Proven track record of excellent timekeeping & attendance is essential.