Process Development Engineer
GerTEK Project Management & Technical Services is one of Ireland’s leading Project Management and Technical Service companies. Due to continued expansion, we are hiring an experienced Process Development Engineer to join our team.
- Lead process development projects, working as part of the project team.
- Development and installation of new manufacturing and process technologies to support product development and product transfers.
- Apply new technologies and methodologies to optimise process design & performance.
- Establish processes based on product specifications in line with Unit Cost metrics
- Evaluate process and design alternatives based on Design for Manufacturability principles.
- Understand principles of Lean manufacturing, problem-solving, DOE.
- Complete process validation for new processes and products including IQ, OQ, PQ & PPQ.
- Working with external vendors to specify, develop and commission new process technologies.
- Setting up new manufacturing equipment/production lines including the selection and training of process technicians and product builders, as required.
- Responsibility for and understanding of work environment issues including H&S activities associated with new process development.
- Development of manufacturing processes from prototyping to full-scale production.
- The manufacture and testing of prototypes.
- Design/source equipment and tooling required to meet both the capability & capacity requirements.
- Generate work plans & schedules for development activity and execute to plan.
- Level 8 degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 5yrs+ experience with manufacturing process design and optimization within a highly regulated environment.
- Previous experience of working within a medical device environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and deliver automated solutions.
- Experienced in using Six-Sigma methodology for process improvement (e.g. DMAIC) and problem-solving (e.g. 6-step approach).
- Experienced in statistical analysis and use of Minitab.
- Experience with manufacturing process design and optimization.
- Strong mechanical background with a good working knowledge of metals & plastics processing a distinct advantage.
- It is essential that the candidate will be highly innovative, motivated and organized and have excellent planning and communication skills.