GerTEK is an engineering consultancy company specialising in project management, talent solutions and commissioning qualification and validation services. We partner with many of the world’s largest life science & technology companies who entrust in us to deliver their most strategic and important projects with our technically strong personnel ensuring all important activities meet both current requirements and client’s needs. We have multiple projects that we support, and we are looking to add to our team, we are interested in talking to you if you fit the criteria outlined below:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Facilities Technician to join our biopharmaceutical company based in Co Sligo. The Facilities Technician will provide a Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering service to the plant, in order to maximise the availability of Plant and Manufacturing Equipment. To ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering, Safety and Finance. To control all relevant engineering budgets. To develop the Engineering team with the emphasis on continual operational improvements and employee development.
- To perform the day-to-day preventative and demand maintenance activity to maintain manufacturing and plant equipment.
- To maintain records and documentation on relevant Engineering Procedures, to perform equipment validation and preventative/ demand maintenance.
- To liaise with Internal/External Engineering Personnel and contract maintenance providers in maintaining trouble shooting and installing/commissioning equipment.
- To co-ordinate the implementation of equipment projects.
- The completion and recording of functional and safety checks on plant and manufacturing equipment and correction of any deviations from specification, e.g. air handling balance, plant water quality control, etc.
- Comply with all EHS policies and procedures.
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrade in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Preparation of engineering metrics as requested.
- Liaise directly with other departments in accident/incident investigations and address any issues arising from these investigations.
- Preparation of Capital Expenditure Requests for Plant and manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure the maintenance of pest control, housekeeping and GMP.
- Contribute towards an efficient Energy Management Programme and implement initiatives to reduce energy requirement and costs.
- Ensure the effective management of appropriate internal and external plant projects.
A trade cert or third level qualification in engineering or related discipline or be in the process of obtaining a third level qualification in the relevant area and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of four years relevant experience in an engineering role, with experience of maintenance of utility and/or manufacturing equipment in a highly regulated manufacturing environment. (Healthcare or food processing industry preferred).
- Must be self-starter with ability to organize and work within a team. This experience is necessary to ensure the skills, management expertise and problem solving techniques have been acquired.
We offer competitive compensation packages and opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic and innovative work environment. If you are a motivated Maintenance Technician seeking an exciting challenge in the biopharmaceutical industry, we encourage you to apply.