The Engineering Technician, will be responsible for the development of new products, process technologies and providing engineering support to development projects and manufacturing line. They will be based in Galway and will report to the Project Lead.
- Complete prototype building and product testing in association with design engineers.
- Complete process development to support new product development and implement manufacturing lines with the project teams.
- Conceptualize, source debug, and introduce new/improved Jig and Fixture designs.
- Preparation of Manufacturing Procedures & training of product builder personnel.
- Prepare and maintain Preventative maintenance Schedules.
- Trouble shoot and repair line defective equipment.
- Ownership of Line yield and output. Provide weekly updates and highlight yield issues and implement fixes to the Team.
- Provide Technical Leadership and have an ability to motivate and influence the production personnel.
- Display customer focus at all times, and be accountable for quality and timeliness of own work.
- Compile IQ / OQ protocols and execution of same.
- Assist team in performing design testing
- Level 6 degree in a relevant discipline.
- 1+ years’ experience preferable.
- Knowledge of Medical Device development/manufacture with previous work experience in Design an advantage.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and fabrication experience preferable.
- Experienced with all the popular software applications for generating office documents, spreadsheets, project plans, etc.
- Experience in execution of lab testing an advantage: e.g. tensile testing, torque testing etc.
- Experienced in IQ/OQ/PPQ documentation preparation, execution.
- AutoCAD / Solid works experience preferable.
- Knowledge of six sigma and lean engineering principles an advantage.
- Knowledge of equipment, process and product validation processes, ability with statistical data analysis.
- Dynamic, flexible approach to work with results oriented attitude.
- Comfortable operating within team environment.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Proven track record of excellent time keeping & attendance is essential.