GerTEK is an engineering consultancy company specialising in project management, talent solutions and commissioning qualification and validation services. We partner with many of the world’s largest life science & technology companies who entrust in us to deliver their most strategic and important projects with our technically strong personnel ensuring all important activities meet both current requirements and client’s needs. We have multiple projects that we support, and we are looking to add to our team, we are interested in talking to you if you fit the criteria outlined below:
Electrical Project Engineer
The Electrical Project Engineer reports to the on-site Client Representative and has responsibility for the safety, technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling activities of the identified project. The Project Engineer may serve as a resident engineer and have responsibility for leading & supporting multiple projects at various stages from inspection to completion.
- Support the client on multiple simultaneous projects from inception through completion in accordance with Company objectives.
- Project Planning: Develop project plans, including scope, budget, and schedule, in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Technical Expertise: Provide technical leadership and guidance in electrical engineering design, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Project Management: Coordinate project activities, including procurement, installation, testing, and commissioning, to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as clients, contractors, and suppliers, to ensure effective communication and alignment of project goals.
- Risk Assessment: Identify and analyze project risks, develop mitigation strategies, and proactively address potential issues to minimize project delays and cost overruns.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality control processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality electrical systems and components.
- Documentation: Prepare and maintain project documentation, including drawings, specifications, reports, and change orders.
- Budget Management: Monitor project expenses and track budget performance, making necessary adjustments to ensure adherence to financial goals.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with multidisciplinary teams, including engineers, technicians, and contractors, to ensure efficient project execution.
- Compliance and Safety: Ensure compliance with electrical codes, safety regulations, and environmental standards throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support overhaul and upgrades of existing facilities, manufacturing equipment & utilities.
- Demonstrate performance in foreseeing potential obstacles and resolving highly-critical issues within organization while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines and costs
- Ensure compliance with statutory and client requirements and ensure all equipment is commissioned and handed over correctly.
- Managing vendor relationships and with a sound understanding of standard practices in project management.
- Maintain all project documentation in order as per client standards
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place for all operations by managing and addressing the Health & Safety requirements of each function.
- Ensure Client satisfaction at all times.
- Effective sourcing and utilisation of materials and subcontractors.
- Monitoring the quality of the work carried out by the workforce through regular site audits to ensure that the specified standard of work is maintained, and all site logs and documentation are kept up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field. A Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical engineering, with a focus on project management.
- Project Management Skills: Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, execute, and monitor projects effectively.
- Technical Expertise: In-depth knowledge of electrical engineering principles, systems, and components. Familiarity with relevant codes and standards.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical information to stakeholders at all levels.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and address technical and project-related challenges.
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Organizational Skills: Exceptional organizational and time management abilities to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Software Proficiency: Proficient in using electrical engineering software, project management tools, and computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Professional Certification: PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is a plus.
- GMP regulated environment experience.
Hybrid and site roles considered.
We offer competitive compensation packages and opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic and innovative work environment. If you are a motivated Electrical Project Engineer seeking an exciting challenge in the biopharmaceutical industry, we encourage you to apply.