GerTEK is an engineering consultancy company specialising in project management, talent solutions and commissioning qualification and validation services (CQV) to the life sciences and technology sectors. We partner with many of the world’s largest life science & technology companies who entrust in us to deliver their most strategic and important projects with our technically strong personnel ensuring all important activities meet both current requirements and client’s needs.
We are hiring for a EHS Officer for the Sligo Region
- Ensure environmental, health & safety (EHS&E) global management standards are met, and all EHS&E procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental legislation, Procedures and Standards by ensuring all required EHS&E documentation is up to date and readily available.
- Educate and engage employees in efforts to optimize EHS&E performance.
- Create/Maintain an effective EHS & E management system.
- Ensure EHS&E audits are conducted, and all issues effectively closed out.
- Ensure all EHS&E incidents are investigated to establish causation and resolution.
- Ensure permit completion in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist in workstation assessment program.
- Deliver EHS&E Training Courses.
- Promote, implement, and participate in safety committees
- Play a leading role in investigations and remedial actions associated with all EHS&E related accidents/incidents
- Co-ordinate inspections by regulatory bodies as required.
- Promote continuous improvement in all environmental and safety matters.
- Assist in the co-ordination of contractors where there is an EHS&E impact, and in accordance with local legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant EHS&E legislation.
Education & Key requirements
- Third level qualification in an Environmental Science/ Occupational, safety and health or related discipline.
- 3 years plus professional experience within in a highly regulated manufacturing (Pharma/Biologics/Medical Device) environment desirable.
- Results and performance driven
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
- Adaptable and flexible
- Self-starter with interpersonal skills.