GerTEK is an engineering consultancy company specialising in project management, talent solutions and commissioning qualification and validation services. We partner with many of the world’s largest life science & technology companies who entrust in us to deliver their most strategic and important projects with our technically strong personnel ensuring all important activities meet both current requirements and client’s needs. We have multiple projects that we support, and we are looking to add to our team, we are interested in talking to you if you fit the criteria outlined below:
You will be responsible for the improving and maintaining an effective and safe working environment. You will ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards by performing activities related to environment, equipment, and processes, assisting the organisation to meet and exceed regulatory obligations.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental legislation, Procedures and Standards by ensuring all required EHS&E documentation is up to date and readily available.
- Ensure environmental, health & safety (EHS&E) global management standards are met, and all EHS&E procedures are adhered to.
- Play a leading role in investigations and remedial actions associated with all EHS&E related accidents/incidents.
- Assist in the co-ordination of contractors where there is an EHS&E impact, and in accordance with local legislation.
- Ensure all EHS&E incidents are investigated to establish causation and resolution.
- Educate and engage employees in efforts to optimize EHS&E performance.
- Create/Maintain an effective EHS & E management system.
- Promote continuous improvement in all environmental and safety matters.
- Ensure EHS&E audits are conducted, and all issues effectively closed out.
- Ensure permit completion in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist in workstation assessment program.
- Deliver EHS&E Training Courses.
- Promote, implement, and participate in safety committees.
- Co-ordinate inspections by regulatory bodies as required.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant EHS&E legislation.
- Third level qualification in an Environmental Science/ Occupational, safety and health or related discipline.
- 4 years plus professional experience within in a highly regulated manufacturing (Pharma/Biologics/Medical Device) environment desirable.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible
Hybrid and site roles considered.
We offer competitive compensation packages and opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic and innovative work environment. If you are a motivated EHS Engineer seeking an exciting challenge in the biopharmaceutical industry, we encourage you to apply.