GerTEK Project Management & Technical Services is seeking to recruit a CAD Technician to join our team.
- Creates prototypes on Solid Works to develop concepts and design improvements.
- Creates and modifies detailed CAD models(2D & 3D) from sketches, models, layouts or notes.
- Liaises with third party tooling manufacturers on drawing queries, tolerance stack-ups and updating approved drawings.
- Checks drawings versus the project inputs for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Works with Designers/Engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and print package documentation.
- Creates 2d working drawings of product components.
- Disciplined record keeping and maintenance of drawings and files.
- The ability to work to tight timelines when the situation requires while delivering solutions.
- Assists in driving material changes to increasing tooling & hardware timelines.
- Builds quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Requires min. HETAC level 6 in Technical, Science or Engineering discipline or Senior Trades Qualification.
- A strong knowledge of design for manufacture (DFM) essential.
- 3+ years’ experience in a modern design environment with previous experience in some of the following: Solidworks SME, 3D printing.
- Proven experience in tooling design including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.
- Knowledge in the area of moulding design.