GerTEK Project Management & Technical Services is seeking to recruit a CAD Technician to join our team.
- Creates 2d working drawings of product components.
- Liaises with third party tooling manufacturers on drawing queries, tolerance stack-ups and updating approved drawings.
- Assists in driving material changes to increasing tooling & hardware timelines.
- Creates and modifies detailed CAD models(2D & 3D) from sketches, models, layouts or notes.
- Checks drawings versus the project inputs for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Creates prototypes on Solid Works to develop concepts and design improvements.
- Builds quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Qualifications & Key requirements
- Level 6 in Technical, Science or Engineering discipline or Senior Trades Qualification. A level 8 degree would be a distinct advantage.
- An excellent working knowledge of jigs & fixture design using solidworks.
- An excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- The ability to work to tight timelines when the situation requires while delivering solutions.
- Proven experience in tooling design including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.