GerTEK is an engineering consultancy company specialising in project management, talent solutions and commissioning qualification and validation services (CQV) to the life sciences and technology sectors. We partner with many of the world’s largest life science & technology companies who entrust in us to deliver their most strategic and important projects with our technically strong personnel ensuring all important activities meet both current requirements and client’s needs.
We are hiring for an Automation Engineer for the Sligo region.
- To provide technical support and program management to all manufacturing operations and NPI’s throughout the site.
- Project management of control system elements of continuous improvement projects. Work closely with process engineers and other departments to deliver these continuous improvement projects.
- Provide technical support to all control system related issues. Tasks include, daily trouble shooting, optimisation, and documentation control.
- Ability to take active lead on control system validation activities during project start-up.
- Identify opportunities and assist in leveraging of vendor qualification efforts, developing relationships with vendors, and act as Engineering representative for pre-approval of vendor documentation.
- To provide technical leadership of all control system activities in the pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Project management and technical development of future integrations of the control systems, with planned MES/ERP/Data Historian (OSI PI) systems.
- Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures, and policies.
Education & Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related science or engineering discipline.
- 3 -5 year’s professional experience preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Experience in PLC systems and integration with control systems such as Delta-V.
- Biopharma plant start-up experience desirable.
- Professional, proactive demeanour.
- Good problem-solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.