GerTEK Project Management & Technical Services are an outsourced technical services provider delivering worldwide contract and permanent staffing solutions. We are accepting applications for our Automation & Control Systems Engineer based in Sligo.
- To provide technical support and program management to all manufacturing operations and NPI’s throughout the site.
- To provide technical leadership of all control system activities in the pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to take active lead on control system validation activities during project start-up.
- Project management of control system elements of continuous improvement projects. Work closely with process engineers and other departments to deliver these continuous improvement projects.
- Project management and technical development of future integrations of the control systems, with planned MES/ERP/Data Historian (OSI PI) systems.
- Provide technical support to all control system related issues. Tasks include, daily trouble shooting, optimisation, and documentation control.
- Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures and policies.
- Identify opportunities and assist in leveraging of vendor qualification efforts, developing relationships with vendors, and act as Engineering representative for pre-approval of vendor documentation.
Education & Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, automation, process control, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering
- 3 years plus experience in an automation engineering role, with software development of PLC / DCS platforms for batch processing in a GMP pharmaceutical industry environment desirable
- 3 years plus experience of the 21 CFR Part 11 requirements for automated systems in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 3 years plus of Experience of plant start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment